“It’s full of nuts”
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, convection bake if your oven does this trick.
In a very large bowl, mix together
- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (aka oatmeal)
- 1–1/2 cups raw pistachios, hulled
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups coconut chips
Toss well with
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1–1/4 cups pure maple syrup, dark if available
Mix thoroughly. Spread mixture on two rimmed baking sheets in even layers and bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring 3-4 times during the baking, until golden brown and well toasted.
Serve with chopped dried California apricots, if desired.