“It’s full of nuts”
Preheat oven to 300 degrees, convection bake if your oven does this trick.
In a very large bowl, mix together
- 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (aka oatmeal)
- 1 cup raw pistachios, hulled
- 1–1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups coconut chips
Toss well with
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
One at a time, add
- 7/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, dark if available
mixing thoroughly between each. Spread mixture on two rimmed baking sheets in even layers and bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring 2-3 times during the baking, until golden brown and well toasted. When the granola is dry and lifts off the baking sheet easily, it’s done.
Serve with chopped dried California apricots, if desired.