- 1 TBL mustard oil
- 1 TBL black mustard seeds
- 2+ curry leaves
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 4 fresh hot green chilies, cut into long thin strips
- ⅓-½ cup grated desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- ground coriander + turmeric as desired
Heat the mustard oil in a large frying pan. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves. When the seeds turn gray and start popping (a few seconds), add the cabbage, salt and sugar.
Toss the cabbage quickly in the oil until it’s lightly coated with oil. Add the coconut, green chili, pepper flakes, coriander and turmeric. Stir 2-5 minutes until the cabbage turns bright green and slightly wilted; it should remain somewhat crunchy.
Serve with Basmati rice.