A yummy grain alternative.
In a large saucepan heat
- 3 TBL oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
and cook until the seeds pop, about 2-3 minutes (or use)
- 3 TBL mustard oil ( the diluted mustard oil that’s ready to use)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 hot green chilies (stemmed, seeded and chopped)
- 3 tsp minced fresh ginger
Saute for another 3-4 minutes. Add
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 1–1/2 cups cream of wheat
Raise heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so it does not form lumps. Lower heat and cover until fully cooked, another 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let rest, covered. Fluff with fork, sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.